Published on March 25th, 2020 |
by Zachary Shahan
March 25th, 2020 by Zachary Shahan
Yes, the Swedish electric vehicle market is an odd one in which approximately 80% of electric vehicle sales are plug-in hybrids, leaving only 20% of the market for fully electric vehicles. Most EV markets are around 50–50 or favor fully electric vehicles (BEVs). Nonetheless, an overall EV market share of 26% is a stunning achievement in early 2020.
Being Sweden, the #1 EV in February was, unsurprisingly, a Volvo. Perhaps more surprisingly, according to the EV Volumes data, the next three vehicles on the list were all Kias! One of the things I’ve noticed from doing EV sales reports in many countries is: Kia and Hyundai are everywhere. The brands seldom hold a #1 ranking, but they seem to be in the top 10 is almost every country.